"Black Museum" is the sixth episode of Black Mirror's fourth season. It will star Douglas Hodge, Letitia Wright, and Babs Olusanmokun.
Co-creator Annabel Jones disclosed the following information about the episode: "Black Museum is absolute popcorn. It’s three stories in one – a portmanteau-type thing – but absolutely full of ideas that whip along and before you know it you’re at the end of a 90-minute film and you’re like, ‘Oh my God, can you please stop? This is horrendous – stop throwing me these things!” It’s just unrelenting. It was the last we did in terms of shooting."
- Douglas Hodge - Rolo Haynes
- Letitia Wright - Nish
- Daniel Lapaine - Dr. Peter Dawson
- Aldis Hodge - Jack
- Alexandra Roach - Carrie
- Kyros McGee - Parker Lamasse
- Yasha Jackson - Emily
- Babs Olusanmokun - Clayton Leigh
- Amanda Warren - Angelica Leigh
- Dr. Peter Dawson's story was based on an unreleased short story by Penn Jillette.
- The Black Museum contains several artefacts from previous episodes.
- From The National Anthem, a diorama of Carlton Bloom hanging himself.
- From White Bear, Victoria Skillane can be seen on a screen at the entrance, and there is a small figurine of Baxter wearing the balaclava.
- From Playtest, a few diagrams of SaitoGemu's Mushrooms.
- From Hated in the Nation, an ADI beneath a magnifying glass.
- From USS Callister, Robert Daly's DNA replicator with Tommy's lollipop in the tray.
- From Arkangel, the cracked tablet used to monitor Sara Sambrell.
- From Crocodile, the bathtub in which Anan Akhand was murdered.
- The refueling station next to the museum is called BRB Connect, which is a likely reference to the episode Be Right Back.
- At one point Jack is seen reading the the plot of Fifteen Million Merits (here titled '15M Merits) in comic book form.
- Rolo Haynes' test rats are named Kenny and Hector, after the characters from Shut Up and Dance.
- The news network seen in this episode is USN, presumably an American counterpart to the often-seen UKN.
- Rolo Haynes mentions the elderly being downloaded into the cloud which may reference the plot of San Junipero.
- He also calls the hospital where the first two stories take place "St. Juniper", English for San Junipero, possibly the in-universe inspiration for the simulation's name.
- While discussing the monkey which houses Carrie, Haynes refers to a UN ruling regarding the humane treatment of human consciousnesses as "human rights for cookies"; this might be a reference to the cookies (simulated human personalities) featured in White Christmas.
|Episodes in "Black Mirror"|
|Season 1||• The National Anthem • Fifteen Million Merits • The Entire History of You •|
|Season 2||• Be Right Back • White Bear • The Waldo Moment •|
|Special||• White Christmas • Bandersnatch •|
|Season 3||• Nosedive • Playtest • Shut Up and Dance • San Junipero • Men Against Fire • Hated in the Nation •|
|Season 4||• USS Callister • Arkangel • Crocodile • Hang the DJ • Metalhead • Black Museum •|